Throughout the year, there are lots of reasons to celebrate with family and friends and, it seems, most of these celebrations include gifts!
A friend tells us, “If I can’t wear it or eat it, I don’t want it!” When you share “experiential” or consumable gifts, you can create treasured memories at the same time. Spending time with family or friends can be the best gift of all.
Here are some ideas to get you thinking:
- Movie Night – With the right movie, this is perfect for everyone on your list.
- Bowling –Gather family and friends together for an evening of “Glow-in-the-Dark” bowling. Don’t forget your camera.
- Memory Lane – A visit to the “old” Neighbourhood is a great gift for parents and/or grandparents. Do some research and include coffee or lunch at one of their favourite restaurants from the past.
- Babysitting – An offer of baby-sitting is a win-win! Your friends get to go out on a date and you can have a fun visit with their children.
- Make it and take it -- Plan an afternoon of cookie making and then, invite neighbours and friends to stop by and sample the goodies.
- Mmmmm good! – Select a special treat – chocolate, jam, wine -- that friends don’t usually buy for themselves. With luck, they may even share!
- Make a donation to your friend’s favourite charity, in their name, of course.
- Discover a new skill -- Register you and your friend for a Special Interest Class or Seminar. You will both learn something new and have fun doing it.
- Start a Tradition – Gather nieces, nephews and/or grandchildren and discover new places and/or activities. Make it an annual event.
- Give, enjoy, repeat…– Buy the latest best-seller for six of your best friends. Promise to gather each month for a Book Club meeting.
The best gifts are tied with heart-strings!
© Copyright HTMU 2016