Watch people at airports and bus depots struggle with multiple suitcases and packages and you can begin to see how important it is to...LIGHTEN UP before you travel!
MAKE A LIST...
- Create a Travel Checklist.
- Include everything you think you will need on your vacation.
- Pinterest has some good suggestions to get you started...
- Check off items as you pack them.
- Keep a copy of this list, in case your luggage goes missing and they ask for an inventory of what you packed.
- Consider the activities you'll be involved in while you're on vacation.
- Walking or hiking requires comfortable shoes and clothes that can be layered.
- A cruise vacation may demand casual and formal attire.
- Road trips allow you to take along more "just-in-case" items, while travelling by plane or ship is so much easier with fewer suitcases.
- Check the weather before you do your final pack.
- Include appropriate clothes, shoes... and rain gear, if necessary.
- Most hotels provide hairdryers, lotions + potions... Save space - don't pack duplicates.
- When you return from your trip, take stock of all of the items you packed, but didn't wear or use.
- Make a note of these items and put the note in your suitcase so you don't make the same mistake next trip!
- When you're packing for vacation...take half as many clothes and twice as much money!